This Vegan Ricotta Recipe takes just 5 minutes to whip up and will elevate any meal.
When I first transitioned to a plant-based diet, cheese was the hardest thing to give up. It seemed like it was on everything, and could make any bland meal taste absolutely delicious. Luckily, vegan cheese is easier and easier to come by these days, and it can even be made at home!
Vegan ricotta is one of the easiest vegan cheeses to make, since it requires blending just a few key ingredients (7 to be exact!). This vegan ricotta recipe can be whipped up in a pinch when you need a creamy, tangy and salty addition to a meal!
What’s the origin of ricotta?
Ricotta originates in Italy and is made of whey, which is separated from milk in the cheese making process.
Why I love this Vegan Ricotta Recipe
- It’s light, fluffy, salty and tangy
- It pairs perfectly with pasta, lasagna, pizza or on salads
- With just 7 ingredients, it’s super easy to make
- If you have 5 minutes, you have enough time to make this recipe!
How to make vegan ricotta
- Add slivered almonds, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, salt, plant-based milk and water to a high speed blender or food processor. Pulse until the mixture is almost smooth. Refrigerate for at least one hour, serve and enjoy!
- I’ve used blanched, slivered almonds in this recipe, but I’ve also tried it with raw sunflower seeds and it works well!
- This vegan ricotta can be kept in an airtight container for 5-7 days.
- Feel free to adjust the salt, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and garlic powder based on your taste preferences.
- You may need to add more water or plant-based milk depending on the power of your blender or food processor.
I hope you love this Vegan Ricotta Recipe as much as I do! Make sure to leave me a rating and review, and don’t forget to check out my Pinterest page for even more recipes like this! Tag me on Instagram if you try these out, I’d love to see a photo!
Vegan Ricotta Recipe
This easy Vegan Ricotta Recipe takes just 5 minutes to make and requires just 7 ingredients, making it the perfect addition to any salad, pasta or pizza!
- 2 cups slivered almonds or sunflower seeds blanched and raw
- 3 tsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp plant-based milk I used oat milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
Add all ingredients to high speed blender or food processor. Pulse until almost smooth. refrigerate for at least 1 hour, serve and enjoy!
More like this Vegan Ricotta Recipe
Want to learn everything you need to know to thrive on a plant-based diet? Check out my online program, Thriving on Plant-Based Fundamentals!
Looking for more plant-based recipes? Get my favorite soup recipes exclusively in my e-cookbook, Everyday Vegan Soup!
Need some guidance on your journey with a vegan, vegetarian, or plant-based diet? We can work together virtually! Book your FREE 15-minute consultation to see if we’d be a good fit!
Want my FREE Easy Vegan Sauces Ebook? Sign up to my email list to receive it!