These inspired tacos are packed with flavourful buffalo cauliflower with a pickled-onion punch and a creamy sriracha aioli. They’re bound to be your new favorite easy recipe!
When I think of the perfect meal, tacos are pretty high on the list. A flavourful filling dressed with fresh, nutritious vegetables, served with a delicious sauce and tons of lime- What’s not to love?!
Cauliflower tacos in particular have always been my favorite. I love how crispy roasted cauliflower gets, and has a slightly meaty texture. Plus, it soaks up all the flavors of the other ingredients, which is why I knew I had to make a Buffalo Cauliflower Taco recipe!
I’ve paired these cauliflower tacos with pickled red onion, which is so simple and my favorite addition to pretty much any meal. I’ve also created a creamy sriracha aioli to bring everything together. Feel free to add any other vegetables, avocado, or salsa to these tacos that you like!
It isn’t known exactly where tacos came from, but thee trace back to the mid 19th century in Mexico. It was thought that fish tacos were first eaten by the Indigenous peoples in lake region of the Valley of Mexico. These Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower ‘Tacos’ are inspired by tacos, but are by no means authentic.
These inspired tacos don’t have much protein in them, which is totally fine, but feel free to add cooked lentils, roasted chickpeas or crispy tofu with them if you’d like!
How to Make These Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 450 F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
STEP 2: Make the pickled red onion-You can also do this ahead of time to make them even more delicious! Let sit until buffalo cauliflower is ready.
STEP 4: Meanwhile, whisk together ingredients for the sriracha aioli. Warm the tortillas in a small pan over medium heat.
STEP 5: Once buffalo cauliflower is cooked, assemble by placing buffalo cauliflower on tortillas, adding pickled red onion, a drizzle of sriracha aioli and any other toppings you’d like!
- Feel free to sub all-purpose flour for almond flour to make these cauliflower tacos gluten-free!
- You can add any vegetables or toppings you like to these cauliflower tacos!
- Frozen cauliflower works well for this recipe, although you may need to lengthen the cooking time.
- Feel free to make the cauliflower in an air fryer! I recommend cooking at 400 F for 20-25 minutes, until slightly browned.
Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
- 1 batch buffalo cauliflower wings
- 1 batch pickled red onions you will have extra!
- 8 corn tortillas
For the sriracha aioli
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1/2 lime juiced or to taste
- 1/2 tsp sriracha or to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Make the Pickled Red Onion-You can also do this ahead of time to make them even more delicious! Let sit until buffalo cauliflower is ready.
- Meanwhile, whisk together ingredients for the sriracha aioli. Warm the tortillas in a small pan over medium heat.
- Once buffalo cauliflower is cooked, assemble by placing buffalo cauliflower on tortillas, adding pickled red onion, a drizzle of sriracha aioli and any other toppings you'd like!
More Recipes You’ll Love
Want to learn everything you need to know to thrive on a plant-based diet? Check out my online program, Thriving on Plant-Based Fundamentals!
Looking for more plant-based recipes? Get my favorite soup recipes exclusively in my e-cookbook, Everyday Vegan Soup!
Need some guidance on your journey with a vegan, vegetarian, or plant-based diet? We can work together virtually! Book your FREE 15-minute consultation to see if we’d be a good fit!
Want my FREE Easy Vegan Sauces Ebook? Sign up to my email list to receive it!