This healthy Vegan Rainbow Veggie Pasta is the perfect quick and healthy dinner recipe when you want something filling and comforting that’s still packed with nutrition!
There’s something about a healthy, quick and easy pasta recipe that just hits the spot. Especially on those busy weeknights when you aren’t sure what else to make, this veggie pasta recipe comes together in less than 30-minutes and is sure to be a family favorite!
While this pasta recipe has tons of vegetables in it, I’ve also added white beans to up the protein and fiber content. White beans are creamy and relatively neutral tasting, meaning they pick up the flavor of whatever they’re paired with. I’ve chosen to use canned white beans for this recipe, but feel free to use any other beans or lentils that you like!
Whenever I made a pasta dish I like to add vegetables and a source of protein. Adding vegetables to pasta dishes (and any dish, for that matter!) provides an extra dose of nutrients, plus fiber. Both protein and fiber helps us to stay fuller for longer and helps to balance blood sugar so our energy stays more consistent throughout the day. Adding fiber also helps to regulate our bowel movements!
Why I love this Rainbow Veggie Pasta Recipe
- This veggie pasta recipe is seriously quick and easy. As in it comes together in less than 30-minutes and basically requires just throwing everything in a pan and boiling pasta, quick and easy.
- Despite this being a simple pasta, it’s packed with flavor from the garlic, nutritional yeast, oregano and capers!
- It’s loaded with veggies! Sometimes getting enough veggies in the day can be hard, but this pasta recipe makes it so easy and delicious.
- This veggie pasta is packed with plant-based protein! The white beans provide about 14 grams of protein per cup.
- This pasta can easily be made gluten-free if needed by using the appropriate pasta substitute! I’ve used brown rice pasta in this recipe.
- The flavors can easily be adjusted based on your preferences.
- You can use frozen veggies if you’d like, which saves money and time from chopping!
How to make this Rainbow Veggie Pasta Recipe
- Cook pasta as per package instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil to a large saucepan over medium heat. Add red onion and minced garlic and sauté until onion is translucent.
- Add green beans, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, capers, oregano, chili flakes, salt and pepper. Sauté until the vegetables are cooked through, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add white beans, cooked pasta, nutritional yeast and lemon juice. Stir until combined together and white beans are heated through. Serve and enjoy!
- If you don’t have all off the vegetables used in this recipe, feel free to use whatever vegetables you have on hand!
- Feel free to adjust the seasonings based on your taste preference.
- If you don’t like spicy food, omit the chili flakes.
Vegan Rainbow Veggie Pasta
This healthy Vegan Rainbow Veggie Pasta comes together in less than 30-minutes and is packed with vegetables! The perfect delicious and easy weeknight meal.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup green beans with ends cut off
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 540 mL white beans drained and rinsed if using canned
- 4 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 300 g pasta
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 lemon juiced
Cook pasta as per package instructions.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil to a large saucepan over medium heat. Add red onion and minced garlic and sauté until onion is translucent.
Add green beans, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, capers, oregano, chili flakes, salt and pepper. Sauté until the vegetables are cooked through, about 7-10 minutes.
Add white beans, cooked pasta, nutritional yeast and lemon juice. Stir until combined together and white beans are heated through. Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more easy vegan pasta recipes?
To learn how to thrive on a plant-based diet, check out my online program, Thriving on Plant-Based Fundamentals! Enrollment is now open for a limited time.
Looking for more plant-based recipes? Get my favorite soup recipes exclusively in my e-cookbook, Everyday Vegan Soup!
Need some guidance on your journey with a vegan, vegetarian, or plant-based diet? We can work together virtually! Book your FREE 15-minute consultation to see if we’d be a good fit!
Want my FREE Easy Vegan Sauces Ebook? Sign up to my email list to receive it!